2023 GMB SEO + Google Business Profile Optimization
Local Seo Guide For 2023, As Gmb (Google My Business), Improves As Google Business Profile (Gbp). Optimize, Manage, And Edit Your Gbp Via Google Search Or The Maps Application.
GMB aka Google My Business has started transitioning to Google Business Profile aka GBP local listings. Our comprehensive Local SEO Guide will detail what changed, what stayed the same, and how to Rank #1 in the Local 3-Pack in 2023 and beyond.
Google My Business was first introduced in 2014 to help businesses better manage their presence on Google Search and Maps. In 2021, after years of improvements, Google announced that it was replacing GMB with Google Business Profiles (GBP). Now known as GBP, it includes improved features such as custom categories, image uploads, tagging options, more detailed business information fields, and much more. This makes GBP an invaluable asset for any business looking to rank locally in 2023.
- How to optimize my GMB (Google My Business) local listing in 2023, while changing to Google Business Profiles (GBP)?
- Which Local SEO best practices must be followed without losing my 3-Pack rankings in Maps and Search?
- What is the difference between Google My Business and Google Business Profile?
Those important questions, along with a half-dozen more Q&A will be answered in detail at the end of this guide.
Google business is now referred to as Google Business Profile or Google Business Profile. It also allows small businesses to improve their profile and engage customers using the Google My B
Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business (GMB), is a powerful tool for local SEO and for improving the visibility of a business. It has become increasingly important to have an optimized and well-maintained Google Business Profile to gain a competitive edge in local search engine rankings. In this guide, we will discuss the differences between GMB and GBP, how to optimize your Google Business Profile listing and best practices that can help you achieve higher local search engine ranking positions.
When creating or maintaining your GBP profile it is important to provide accurate information about your business including its location(s), contact details (phone number & website address), opening hours, products/services offered, etc. Additionally, you should add images that showcase your products or services so potential customers can get a better idea of what you are offering. You should also consider tagging relevant keywords within your profile so that users can easily find you when searching related terms on Google Maps or Search. Finally, be sure to regularly update any changes to your business such as new products/services or hours of operation so customers have up-to-date information.
In addition to creating an optimized profile, it is important to ensure that all content posted is high quality and accurately represents the message you want customers to see about your business. Content should include relevant keywords for local searches such as “best Italian restaurant”, “auto repair near me” etc., but also include non-keywords topics like customer reviews or special offers/events hosted by your company. Additionally, it is helpful if all content posted links back either directly or indirectly back to your website (or another landing page). This not only helps keep customers engaged but also increases the chances they will visit your site where they may make a purchase or take other desired actions (e.g., sign up for your newsletter).
Local SEO best practices can also help improve how visible you are in local search engine rankings by focusing on building local citations from authoritative sources such as review websites/directories (e.g., Yelp) and industry-related blogs/websites which link back to yours). Having multiple reputable sources linking back to yours signals search engines that there is trustworthiness behind the website and therefore improves rankings associated with the terms used by users when searching locally for services/products related to yours (e.g., “best Italian restaurant”). As part of local SEO optimization efforts, you should also focus on optimizing keyword phrases specific to each location listed within the account (i.e., “pizza delivery near me” vs “best Italian restaurant”). Finally, understand how competitor profiles look like so you can differentiate yourself from them while still improving overall visibility associated with relevant keywords used by potential customers when searching locally for services provided by you or similar ones offered by competitors operating nearby locations(s).
By following these Local SEO best practices businesses can greatly increase their visibility in local search engine rankers without sacrificing 3-Pack rankings found in Maps & Search results pages respectively; ultimately leading to a higher conversion rate among local customers who may previously not have even been aware of their existence had they opted out of the GMB Maps application directly on their website.
Best Practices to Optimize Your Business Profile for 2023:
• Provide accurate information about your business across all channels, including location(s), contact details, call/text/chat, special offers, opening hours, products/services offered, and more.
• Add images that showcase your products/services so customers can gain a better understanding of what you are offering.
• Utilize tagging with relevant keywords within the profile to ensure users can find your business ranked well, and with full details easily when searching related terms on Google Maps or Search.
• Regularly update any changes to the local business such as new products/services or hours of operation to provide customers with up-to-date information. This is an important SEO best practice (updated helpful content).
• Post high-quality content that accurately represents the message you want customers to see about your business. Content should include relevant keywords for local searches, customer reviews, and special offers/events hosted by the company. This is your time to outshine!
• Ensure all content posted links back either directly or indirectly back to your website (or another landing page) to keep customers engaged and increase the chances they will visit your site where they may take desired actions such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
• Focus on building local citations from authoritative sources such as review websites/directories and industry-related blogs/websites which link to your site to bolster trustworthiness in search engine eyes and improve rankings associated with local search terms used by potential customers.
• Optimize keyword phrases specific for each location listed within the account (i.e., “local gmb SEO” vs “Google business profile SEO”).
• Study competitor profiles to differentiate yourself while still improving overall visibility associated with relevant local search terms used by potential customers when searching for services provided by you or similar ones offered by competitors operating nearby locations(s).
Google Business Profile (GMB) 2023 Questions and Answers:
Question: How do I use Google SEO for my business?
Answer: Google provides a helpful & Detailed Knowledge Base if you click Here.
Top 10 ways to use SEO to help with your Business profile:
1. Verify Your Business profile with Google
2. Keep your hours accurate
3. Get Customer reviews and ratings
4. complete Your Business Profile Thoroughly
5. Profile Information stays 100% Accurate
6. NAP (Business name, address, phone) exactly the same on citations, maps, etc.
7. Consider adding as much as possible, like live chat, special offers, click to call, and book online
8. select up to 20 categories, but ONLY if they are relevant to your business
9. Photos, photos, and more photos! Seriously, you need inside and outside pics from you and your customers
10. 5-star ratings and never enough customer Reviews! (be sure to like and reply as well)
What is a Google Business Profile (GBP)?
Answer: Google Business Profile (GBP) is the new Local 3-Pack listings for local business map locations. It was formerly known as GMB (Google My Business), and it’s important for Local SEO and 3-Pack rankings.
Question: What are some action items that can be taken to optimize a Google Business Profile in 2023?
Answer: Action items that can be taken to optimize a business profile in 2023 include providing accurate information about the business across all channels, adding images that showcase products/services, utilizing keyword tagging within the profile, regularly updating changes made to the business, posting high-quality content with relevant keywords for local searches, building local citations from authoritative sources such as review websites/directories, optimizing keyword phrases specific for each location listed within the account and studying competitor profiles.
Question: How to rank in the (GMB) Top 3-Pack for multiple Google Business locations?
Answer: To rank locally in 2023, businesses should provide accurate information about their business across all channels, such as location(s), contact details, opening hours, products/services offered, and more. Additionally, images should be included to prove the alternate location, and showcase your products/services. Post high-quality content that accurately represents the message you want customers to see about your business with relevant keywords for local searches and customer reviews. Focus on building citations from authoritative sources from Local, City, and even neighborhood businesses and websites considered local authority sources.
2023 Local SEO Summary: GMB upgrade to GBP
In summary, follow Google’s ToS and SEO Best Practices to optimize keyword phrases and search terms specific for each location listed within the account while studying competitor profiles to differentiate yourself while still improving overall visibility associated with relevant local keywords used by potential customers who are searching nearby. Utilize keyword tagging within the profile and regularly update changes made to the business. This will help boost a business’s local SEO rankings in 2023.
By following all the steps outlined above, businesses will be able to rank in the Top 3-Pack for multiple GBP locations and increase customer engagement. This way, customers who see your GMB listing are more likely to visit your site, which can result in an increase in sales or other desired actions such as signing up for newsletters. Writing often-updated, helpful content for a Google Business Profile (GBP) listing is essential for local SEO and 3-Pack rankings, especially in 2023.